Tuesday 10 August 2010

25 of 52 - From my other handy crafts!

As some of you may know, I don't just make bears.  I have been known to wield a knitting needle, to joust with a crochet hook and thrust an embroidery needle.

When my husband and I got married 3 years ago, I made a lot of the stationery for the big day myself.  From save the date cards to orders of service I made them all.  But the thing I am most pleased with is the place cards for the tables.  I saw the idea in a wedding album at a fair and couldn't resist making my own special cross stitched place cards.  And I made one for every seated guest (about 60) and I made a couple a night as the RSVPs arrived.  On the big day, they looked like this:

Aren't they pretty?  And the best part is that every time I go to the house of one of the guests, the card is happily on display somewhere.  Not tucked in a drawer or thrown away, cherished and admired even after the event.  And that gives me a big old happy!

These cards have been selected to feature in the UK Handmade Wedding Gift guide this summer with some other gorgeous items to make your wedding perfect.

www.ukhandmade.co.uk

Just follow the link above to go and see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment